Smart RDM stands for Real-time Data collection in a production company!
Real-time data mining and analysis have become essential for modern businesses that want to optimize their processes and stay ahead of their competitors. Collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data in real-time gives businesses the insights they need to make informed decisions and take action quickly. Smart RDM is a platform designed to help companies achieve this goal by providing real-time data mining and analysis tools.
The advent of technology and the widespread availability of digital devices have led to the generation of vast amounts of data. This data can be analyzed and utilized to improve business performance, identify new opportunities, and make informed decisions. Real-time data mining and analysis allow businesses to take advantage of this data as soon as it is generated, enabling them to respond quickly to changing market conditions and customer needs.
Real-time data mining and analysis are essential in industries where rapid decision-making is necessary, such as production and manufacturing. In these industries, real-time data mining and analysis can help improve operational efficiency, reduce costs, and provide better customer service. In addition, by analyzing customer data in real-time, businesses can identify customer needs and preferences to respond quickly to customer inquiries and complaints.
Smart RDM stands for Real-time Data mining in the modern production company. It is a concept that involves the use of technology and data management practices to organize, validate, and utilize data effectively. Smart RDM aims to make information more accessible, trustworthy, and usable for business process optimization. To achieve this goal, Smart RDM is organized into six modules: Reports, Data Management and Validation, Process Monitoring and Visualizations, Alarms and Events, CMMS, and Big Data and Analysis Management.
- The Reports module is designed to provide users access to reports built on the data managed within other Smart RDM modules or processed in external systems. The user can access different information the business administrator provides, including file reports, folder reports (e.g., network drive, Google Drive, OneDrive), Grafana, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and MS reporting services. Smart RDM functionality covers report viewing, printing, and exporting, as well as subscription service and information about changes in the report.
- The Data Management and Validation module requires an AVEVA PI data structure. It helps ensure the quality and accuracy of the data collected or calculated automatically. Based on a predefined form, the user receives a report template supplied with data from source systems. The data can be verified, corrected, and accepted at this stage. All changes are tracked. Accepted data might be published as a pdf report.
- The Process Monitoring and Visualizations module requires an AVEVA PI data structure. It allows users to display data in real-time in the form of interactive charts and diagrams, and it can be used to monitor various types of data, such as sensor readings, weather data, and financial data. This module is essential for businesses that want to optimize their processes and stay ahead of their competitors.
- The Alarms and Events module requires an AVEVA PI data structure. It is a powerful combination of features that help users capture, store, find, compare, and analyze important events identified automatically based on the specific conditions related to data values collected in real-time. Smart RDM functionality covers Real-time notifications about system conditions that need particular attention, User actions related to the events handling (according to the predefined workflow), Event-related data editing, adding file attachments to the event, event division, etc., and editing history.
- The CMMS module tracks and manages user-defined events related to maintenance operations in industries and organizations. CMMS aims to improve maintenance efficiency, reduce downtime and maintenance costs, and provide reliable data on equipment maintenance history. Smart RDM functionality covers notifications, user actions according to predefined workflow, event-related data editing, adding file attachments to the event, event division, and editing history.
- The Big Data and Analysis Management module provides the management of analyses and ETL processes by authorised end-users.
Key functionality includes:
- Managing the algorithms available to users (including the definition of default runtime parameters),
- Running algorithms with the ability to change default runtime parameters – on demand and scheduled,
- The possibility of configuring the launch context to related elements in the assets tree (PI Asset Framework integration),
- The possibility to associate the algorithm results with a specific report position or KPI, monitoring of the execution status.
Data collected from user operations in Events, CMMS, or Big Data and analysis management modules might be used to create reports shared in the Reports module to provide insights into the business performance and support the decision-making process related to business process optimization.